Wednesday, May 20, 2009

|:: Resignation, It's Official ::|

as of yesterday morning, i officially submitted my resignation from work. it was a tense and epic moment as my coworker and friend, andrew, stood around to witness the doom of our application. as i clicked the submit button, i had all but one doubt... now what am i going to do for money?

it was a good 3 months of indecisiveness that lead up to this event. i wanted to leave a long time ago, when i realized that i wasn't going to get the experience that i needed to move my career to the next step. i loved my work, but just hated everything else around it. though there were some moments where it felt good to be working on the project, majority of the time it was negative feelings.

the best part was the feeling of freedom that came when i finally convinced myself that this was the last straw; i'm done with this job! it was so liberating, as if i had forgotten the feeling from long ago.

the worst parts about quitting was the feeling that i was abandoning all the boeing people who had so much faith in our application. and to all the many many boeing people who never heard about it before and were really happy that we developed something that would save them so much time. and specially all the amazing package expeditors whom i had the esteem pleasure of working with. i will miss them dearly.

i've only told 3 people about me leaving the job, and though they were all very happy for me to move on to find my greater passion, they were were so sad. one of them took it quite hard and i could see that she had a sense of lost motivation when she heard my words. i feel so sad to break the news to hear, but there was nothing that could be done. i'm hoping that everyone will be alright after i leave and at the same time, i hope that things don't get crazy for andrew, who most likely will have to take over for me.

No comments: