Wednesday, May 27, 2009

|:: Friday - Last Work Day ::|

my last work day is drawing near, and i don't have any plans lined up for work. let's be honest, i'm a bit worried about not having any work, and not getting any new skills. the last 2 years have been less than helpful in terms of career growth. dang... i haven't even updated my resume yet let alone start looking for jobs. really should get on it, but so dang lazy.

my manager tried to pull a fast one on me this week after i told him that my last day was at the end of the week. granted i didn't give him 2 weeks notice or anything, but if the company has the rights to fire me at any given point in time, then it is only logical that the same right would apply for the employee. i'm just merely exercising my rights. but that's the not point.

last week, after i told my manager and our engagement manager that i was going to be done as of this friday, they asked me if i could stay for one additional week, so that i could help the new guy transition into my job. i didn't promise them that i would agree to this arrangement, but said that i would need some time to discuss things with wifey, which was just basically buying time to say no. since monday was a holiday, it was only fair that i got back to them about my decision to stay longer or not on tuesday.

today [tuesday] when my manager, let's call him dildo for short since im lazy, i mean dildo came over to my building to "talk" with me about extending my stay. he called me in the morning and i asked him what how this would work if hr has confirmed that my last day is this friday, but dildo and company are asking me to stay a week longer. i asked dildo if this meant that i would be working for no pay, or would i be compensated for my time. he said that he would work something out... somehow i really didn't believe him, he's fucked me over before once with those words and never followed up.

he shows up at my desk and starts the conversation with, "so i told everyone that you could stay for an extra week." then proceeded to show me how to submit a request in our useless company intranet to have hr look at the request. now... i've worked with this hr request system many times before and know for damn sure that it takes them at least 4 days to reply to the request, let alone work the issue. so immediately, i had doubts about this whole thing... but dildo didn't even let me talk, he talked about how to submit the request and said, "okay now?" and before i could answer, his phone ran and he left my cubicle.

sitting dumbfounded, i closed the request window and was sure that i was not going to stay that extra week; i know they will not pay me for it. 1 hour later, after his mysterious phone call, dildo comes back and i demanded to have a quick chat. we sat down and i laid it on him, telling him that he can't go around telling the clients that i committed to an additional week when i didn't. then i firmly said that i was not going to stay the extra week and so he needs to do what he needs to do; but i'm done.

to make a long story short, i firmly kept my word that i would not stay that extra week. dildo looked so troubled and upset that he could not look at me eye to eye, of course i didn't give a damn at that point. they screwed me over so many times now, it's only fair for me to screw them over royally this one time. after the long ass 1.5 hour meeting, i only had 30 minutes left before going home, so i went back to my desk to surf the internet. then i went home happily. =)

No comments: