Thursday, May 14, 2009

|:: Nightly Showers of Kisses ::|

i wake up for work everyday at 7:00 am, which isn't that early compared to a lot of other early bird people, but it is pretty early for me. so that i look like a zombie each day, i usually hit the sack at around 11 or 12 am... or even earlier depending on how old i feel that day. wifey on the other hand doesn't have this limitation; she can sleep whenever she wants and wake up whenever she wants.

typically, i would be the old fart that i am and pass out around 12. but wifey is still wide awake with nothing to do. although she tries to go to sleep at the same time as me, she just can't; either she's had too much sleep the morning before or she is just too use to not sleeping at that time. whatever the reason may be, she ends up spending her time on the bed watching korean/japanese/hong kong drama. and she usually watches this till pretty early in the morning, maybe 3 or 4 am, i don't really know because i'm way passed out by then.

on occasions, i would assume that the drama gets pretty sappy and emotions go flaring in wifey. at which point she has the spurge to hug me and kiss me sporadically, while telling me in my half sleep state, that she really appreciates me and loves me so very much.

now don't get me wrong, i love to be pampered like this, i mean who wouldn't right? right! but the thing is the timing... you see i'm not very responsive when i am half asleep and half awake. so instead of taking all this love in and reciprocating it back, all i can do is give her a goofy ass smile that says "yeah woooh that's great" and "omg i'm so tired i can't open my freakin eyes". and i know it's a goofy ass smile too because i can remember the face that i was making the next morning when i wake up fully and realize, what the heck was i thinking.

and on top of the silly smile, i try my best to mutter some response to acknowledge that i am listening and understanding what wifey is say, which most of the time i don't. and my brain can't think as fast so it just tries to latch on to a single phrase that is somewhat mutual and safe to respond with no matter what wifey says. so out of my half asleep world i mutter "yeah... love you so much too." or "i love you too honey" followed by a unconscious kiss to her arm.

then wifey would again shower me with more kisses and loving words, but usually i'd be way too out of energy to even give my goofy smile anymore. at which point, i instantly drift back into hibernation mode to try to salvage what little time i had left to sleep before the damn alarm, or roccio, wakes me up for work.

that's typically how my nights go. jealous? hahahahah

No comments: