Monday, June 29, 2009

|:: Tribute to Micheal Jackson ::|

june 25th, 2009, micheal jackson dies of a cardio arrest. one day later, the whole world morns over his passing. at first i didn't really care much about it because, to be honest, it really doesn't affect me in any way. i mean in terms of what life is like for me right now, there is little affect that it makes on me. but as i sit here at the laundromat waiting for my laundries to wash, i open up my newly downloaded best hits collection of micheal jackson from a few days ago, and started listening.

it wasn't till the second or third song or so, when i finally realized that the world had lost such an amazing person. it is easy when i sit here and retrospect back at all of michael's accomplishments, and with a bit of a cocky attitude i think to myself that "anyone could have done this" but that's totally not true! michael jackson was a legend because he invited this style of music! he was the first of his kind! and when i think about me trying to invite something so influential and so powerful, the thought scares me; and then, i realize how important of a figure michael really was.

i think back at all the times when i criticized him when the media makes such ridiculous accusations about michael's child obsession, and how he harasses the children. and back then it was just another way to make fun of him, and i followed it without any thought. now that i am older and more sensitive to these issues, i sit back and wonder, what if he just really loves to be around children. like a passion, what if that was what inspired michael and made him whole, more than anything. how could that be wrong? and yet as a society, we tore apart his dream, his passion; maybe that's why he lost the motivation and had no choice but to turn his back against a cold scornful world.

my tribute to one of our most amazing musical legend the world has ever know, michael jackson, rest in peace. may your dreams come true in the next life, and may your spirit be heard for all eternity. for you have made a difference in my life, and i will keep you in my memories and heart.

No comments: