Monday, June 1, 2009

|:: Oh June ::|

as yes, june is here, a new month of new posts. i'm excited because i've never been able to consistently been able to have a single place to gather my thoughts. usually ends up lost in my head as i tend to not share my feelings and thoughts to people, specially those who i am not familiar with or close with. but now look at me, posting regularly on this blog, and although i don't really know if anyone other than wifey is reading this, it still an amazing accomplishment for me.

so let's start june out with a post about stupid damn allergies again. today, i couldn't sleep because i was having a hard time breathing while facing my favorite side of the bed. woke up at 6:45 am and crawled out of bed. sat in front of the computer wanting to finish an excel program that i created. i have a lot of motivation to complete this program because it means that i can do things better than a certain group of indian people... i'll just leave it at that.

as i started working, the allergies started to get worse. first it started with the sneezing, then the runny nose, followed by the itchy eyes. now, i'm not much of a medicine person if you have been following my posts, so i tend to steer away from any medication. but just for kicks, i wanted to try what benedryl can do, so i popped one in my mouth and continued working. i am expecting the pill to alleviate some of my allergy symptoms and make me drowsy, since i wanted to go back to bed anyways.

after an hour surely enough i was getting sleepy, so i headed straight back into bed where wifey was sleepy ever so soundly. i cuddled up to her to steal her body heat and passed out. 2 hours later, i woke up feeling light headed and a bit dazed. must have been the effects of the benedryl still coursing through my veins. wifey just got up by the time that i woke up again, she was on the computer checking her facebook and emails as usual. everything seemed fine, so we got up and got ready for lunch.

i'm not sure when, but sometime after lunch my eyes started to feel really itchy. so i scratched it hard with my hand and continued to scratch to alleviate the dreadful itchy feeling. then before i knew it, i felt my eyes watering up... and that's when i knew that i was in deep shit. almost in minutes my left eye swelled up like crazy and i could feel the discomfort in my eye with every blink. it feels like when you have an eyelash that is stuck in one of your eye and you know that it's there. you can feel it bothering your eye, but you can NEVER get rid of the eyelash. that's how i felt.

it's been 5 hours now. i have taken a 2 hour nap and been up for 3 hours trying to get over this damn irritating feeling; still haven't gone away. lesson of the day is: i fucking hate this shit damn allergy!!! and i guess don't scratch my eyes so hard -___-"

No comments: